Saturday, October 6, 2007

Better habits not on the list

The very first habit discussed in the tutorial is one I have been struggling to acquire. In college I almost never began a paper with a rock solid thesis because the information collected during the research phase inevitably put me on a track I hadn't considered. A workable strategy in the classroom but in real life, where logistics include more than just time constraints, a more clearly defined end makes the planning process a little easier.

Whenever a problem arises I always think back to the wise words of the oracle from The Matrix: everything that has a beginning has an end. All problems can be resolved so the challenge put to the individual is to come up with the best resolution. Each problem is an opportunity to try something new and learn something you might have missed before.

I hope that's enough words.

1 comment:

Emily said...

*round of applause for your Matrix reference* :D.